Carrier Solutions Representative is a position that builds an understanding of PGT Services operations process and provides experience in the transportation industry. This role prioritizes the ability to make outbound phone calls and emails while working together with co-workers to book and move freight across the U.S.. Succeed by developing and growing relationships with carriers.
PGT Services is a fast growing and nationally recognized transportation company with origins that date back 40 years in the transportation industry. At PGT Services, we service our customers by providing 3rd party flatbed, dry van, project logistics, and drayage capacity solutions, built on expertise, customer relationships, and perform with detailed execution to give our customers the confidence they need and deserve.
- Meet or exceed margin and revenue goals for PGT Services by negotiating with and securing quality carrier capacity
- Develop and manage a network of outside carriers to move freight in the most profitable manner.
- Negotiate rates with carriers to meet margin requirements and ensure maximum profitability
- Ensure customer satisfaction and adequate service levels where freight is picked up and delivered on-time using safe, reliable carriers.
- Assist in building freight volume from existing customers by providing excellent customer service
- Build and maintain effective relationships with customers and carriers.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required.
- Previous customer service, account management and negotiating experience a plus but not required
- Experience in Flatbed and Dry Van carrier procurement a plus but not required
- Must have a big picture mentality, be motivated, hardworking, and have a strong desire to succeed in a fast paced environment.
Job Type: Full time
Salary: From $42,000 per year
Work Remotely: No
Schedule: 8 hour shift
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible PTO
Supplemental pay types: Bonus Pay
Education: Bachelor's (preferred)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER